All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 19:36 
Ensign

Hi,

Just wanted to post this as a warning to anyone who joins a game hosted by Uranium. Here's what he's been doing:

1. Presses autobalance (when game is full)
2. Waits for everyone to ready up
3. Quickly swaps a low-rated player from his side with a high-rated player from the enemy side.
4. Starts the game before anyone notices.

He has done this in at least 2 games, but possibly more. I noticed in ship selection on the first game that the balance was off, which seemed suspicious as I was sure the game had been autobalanced. Anyway I thought it was probably just a mistake and let the game launch, where we proceeded to get crushed.

The next game he put up, I kept a close eye on the rating. He autobalanced the game, but when everyone else had hit "ready" he switched someone over, making the numbers drastically different, and readied up so we were in ship selection, all in under a second. I left the game and rejoined, but he just kicked me every time I tried.

I don't know if what he's doing is actually against any rules or if anything can be done about it, but if he keeps doing it, it's only going to frustrate newer players (who're probably already sick of getting stomped on by premades).

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jun 2012 21:46 
Lieutenant

He's also pretty quick to whine when he thinks things might be unbalanced against him. A pretty unpleasant individual, but then quite a few new players are (I suggest keeping a blacklist of players that AFK, rage quit, or are just too annoying to play with due to personality disorders)

If I remember correctly he's a member of the something awful forums, is a bit of a noob that wastes too much CP needlessly locking things, uses questionable builds, and has an attitude problem. He seems to have an inferiority complex and thinks he's good because he pug stomps. I think he even told me to L2P once :lol:

In any case, the best way to combat douche-bags is to spread the news like this so that people are aware and don't play with them. It also wouldn't hurt if having the host swap players changed their status to unready.

Conversely you could appeal to fellow SAers like Wdarkk not to play with this guy.

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 01:17 
Ensign

Awesome i have fans.

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 01:36 
Captain

Just don't join his games. Play teamspeak games or host your own.

"We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky."
"Full power, ninety degrees..."
"Do you think that's air you're breathing now?"
In-game name: Nebuchanezar

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 02:10 
Ensign

Morpheus wrote:
Just don't join his games. Play teamspeak games or host your own.

Yes, that's why I'm posting this here so that others know to do it as well :)

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 11:04 
Lieutenant

The thing you dont have understand is a common pratice expecialy done by people like DGSilver and is gang.

But the people who doing that are a lot, usually by high rating player, but not all. There`s a lot of high rating player who play correct and have awesome skill.

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 18:31 
Commander

This problem will be solved in the next patch because swapping players will unready them

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 18:47 
Lieutenant

Well, that fixes A problem but not THE problem. Uranium does what he does because it's nearly impossible to get a game together if you've put together a decently ranked team because there's so many low ranked players. The matchmaking system is pretty much worthless because no one uses it, there's no ladder system, and no one has put together a league. What's a guy supposed to do if he wants to play with his friends? If you've got a decent win percentage, you'll be in the top players in no time and suddenly look really scary to everyone else.

Have you considered implementing a handicap system? Adding CP or extra health to a low ranked team would make it significantly more fair.

Edit: It would also be really handy to have a "ring" feature to make some noise for summoning players to ready up when they're not paying attention.

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jul 2012 22:33 
Lieutenant

el_matarife wrote:
Well, that fixes A problem but not THE problem. Uranium does what he does because it's nearly impossible to get a game together if you've put together a decently ranked team because there's so many low ranked players. The matchmaking system is pretty much worthless because no one uses it, there's no ladder system, and no one has put together a league. What's a guy supposed to do if he wants to play with his friends? If you've got a decent win percentage, you'll be in the top players in no time and suddenly look really scary to everyone else.

1. It sucks that there aren't more people in this game. I too pine for premade matches.

2. Still doesn't excuse team stacking. You don't see, say, BLaNK, Mav, Reloaf, Tittan, and myself making a team and annihilating lowbies. You don't see the broads doing that either. It's not fun, and it's only going to make people rage-quit the game. If you can't find another premade team, then you should play against one another and balance the teams as best you can. Unless you just want to farm rating, a balanced game with and against people you know will always be more gratifying than a stomp.

PostPosted: Tue 3 Jul 2012 15:39 
Ensign

We are tremendously sorry for wanting to play with friends. Maybe in the next patch you can actually work on that matchmaking thing instead of a bandaid solution. Thanks in advance.

e: I also find it pretty funny how people keep calling this "team stacking". I'm pretty low ranked when compared to everyone in the SA group, so you have to be pretty stupid to think we're just shoving the people with the biggest ranks on the same team.

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next